Outsourcing is basically an agreement between two companies, where one company works on behalf of other company abiding by a contract that contains terms and conditions of work. Well, why will someone outsource game development instead of doing it himself? This article will give you answer to all such questions.
Outsourcing game development has a lot of advantages that make an organisation to get the development process outsourced rather than doing it themselves. Many a times, people have a great game idea, but lack skills, infrastructure or time to develop it. So, they have an option to outsource game development which is economical, robust and handled by experts in technology.
In recent times. India has emerged as the major choice for outsourcing. India has the potential and the expertise in almost every field and this is why more and more companies are queuing up to outsource game development to India.
Outsource Game Development to India
Undoubtedly, India has evolved as a major market for products and services. More recently, the outsourcing wave has turned towards India and many organizations are continuously getting services from here. India has expert game developers who understand the gaming nerve and deliver the most fascinating experience. Another add on in outsourcing game development to India is that its cost effective and affordable than other countries.
A few advantages of outsourcing game development to India:
- Cost effective and easily affordable
- Expert and well versed game designers and developers
- Ranked as best outsourcing place in world by many
- Taste of years in game development and services
How Can Outsourcing Game Development Bring Profits
- Saves a lot of time: While you are a business organisation or a professional, you must be preoccupied with your own list of prioritized tasks. Outsourcing your creative game development gives you lot of time to concentrate on your other tasks while letting your outsource partner develop game for you.
- Very Economical: Outsourcing is for sure is the best way to save your money. It saves a lot of your money that you will need to acquire resources, if you do it on your own. Also for outsourcing, India and China are prefered over other countries for two main reasons- expert and skilled resources and cost effective rates. Outsourcing to these countries will cost you less than your own production.
- No Overhead: When you outsource, its all their job. Your outsourcing partner shall take care of all the aspects of game development and involve you for testing and any ideas. This means you get rid off so much overhead that you would have carried while doing it yourself.
- More Efficiency: By outsourcing, you can ensure efficiency as the team at your outsourcing partner will comprise of all the resources in a well planned way. There will always be a project manager to streamline the development process and ensure quality.
- No Instability: This is also important to consider that when you develop a game yourself and hire resources, there are always developers, designers or testers that might leave in between. In such a case, there is instability of development process. When you outsource, this will not bother you as your partner game developer will be handling this and delivering you the product in time.
- Time zone advantage: This is another advantage that acts as a catalyst to game development process. If you are outsourcing to other time zone, then a continuity in the work can be seen . This is so because many organisations work in different shifts and this keeps the work progress smooth.
- Good quality work: When you outsource to a good game development studio, you can rely for good quality work. It has been seen that most of the outsourcing partner companies deliver the best and high quality products as this is what creates their own credibility to fetch future prospects.
Hence, its sure that when you outsource, you save a lot of time, money and resources and still get the best in class quality for your product.
A Few Important Aspects to Consider while Outsourcing
- Be clear on what you want to outsource: When you decide to outsource, you should be confident in deciding what and how much you need to outsource. It could be an entire project or just a part.
- Never disclose any confidential details: Remember that you are just outsourcing and it a third party that would behave as your extended team. So, be judicious while sharing information and keep a check on confidential details.
- Choose the right people: Once you decide to outsource game development, dont just give it to whosoever. Take a thorough research on your outsourcing partner, considering their quality, previous works, reviews and infrastructure.
- Set clear objectives: Its required that you are sure of what you want to get done. Decide on your choice according the work you want to get from them. If your goal is not clear to you, then you can’t choose an expert partner.
- Keep a note of everything: Once you decide to partner with someone, keep a documented record of the work agreement and have all the communication in written to make it easy for you to determine the progress.
Outsourcing with an expert partner will bring you profits for sure. Outsourcing has become a part and parcel of all organisations these days as they earn more profits with reliability and affordability. A good outsourcing partner has a well laid structure of strategies that is robust enough to meet your requirements and make a mesmerizing game. So, go ahead and outsource with a trusted game development company and flourish your great gaming idea.